How To Get Here
The major gateway to Banff is Calgary International Airport (YYC). Coaches and vans operate from the airport directly to Banff Park Lodge. All major rental car companies are available at the airport. Car rental is available in Banff, but advance rental booking is recommended.
Banff Park Lodge guests receive a 15% discount on the Banff Airporter for shuttle service between Calgary International Airport (YYC) and the Banff Park Lodge.
To receive the discount simply click on www.banffairporter.com/book, proceed through the reservation and type bpl in the Apply Promotional Code section on the final payment page.
Driving instructions from the Calgary International Airport.
The total driving distance is approximate 145 kilometers / 90 miles. You should plan for an estimated driving time of 90 minutes, pending road and weather conditions. Please drive carefully, watch out for wildlife on the road and obey all driving warnings, speed limits, etc.
Note - these driving instructions to Banff Park Lodge are new as of May 2014. Please drive carefully.
- 1. When you leave the Calgary International Airport, turn left at the first traffic light onto Barlow Trail North;
- 2. Take your first left onto Airport Trail NE;
- 3. After about 3 kilometers turn right onto Deerfoot Trail North (also Highway 2 North);
- 4. After about 8 kilometers take exit on your right onto Stoney Trail West;
- 5. Follow Stoney Trail West until you approach Highway 1 at the west end of Calgary.
- 6. Follow Highway 1 West towards the mountains until you have passed the town of Canmore in about 90 kilometers;
- 7. You will be required to stop at the Banff National Park gates and obtain a valid park pass;
- 8. After the park gates keep following Highway 1 West;
- 9. Take the second exit into Banff. This exit is called Banff / Mount Norquay. At the end of the exit, turn left and cross over the highway;
- 10. After crossing the train tracks and passing the hospital on your right, you will find the Banff Park Lodge after the first traffic light on your right hand side;
- 11. Please proceed to the main entrance for registration and parking information.
Download printable version