Wedding & Event Policy
WELCOME TO THE BANFF PARK LODGE WEDDING & EVENT POLICIES
Deposits and Payments
All weddings are to be fully prepaid as per following schedule:
- First deposit: the first non-refundable deposit of $1,000.00 is due at the signing of the contract.
- Initial pre-payment: 50% of the estimated total function cost (room rental, food & beverage + any room accommodation required) is required 90 days in advance to the function.
- Final pre-payment: A full prepayment will be required 2 weeks prior to the function. The amount is based on all the food and beverage requirements, room rental, audio visual, bar charges and any room accommodation to be charged to the Master Account.
- Payment of last minute additions: A 10% incidental charge will be added in case of last minute additions. If not used, this charge will be credited to the Master Account. Please note that a cost estimate is not the final billing. It is an estimate of the event.
- Final invoice: The final invoice will be sent to you within 14 days after the event. This is for you to review and keep for your records. Please contact your Conference Service Manager (CSM) if you have any questions. Any overpayments will be refunded at this time.
Food & Beverage Terms and Conditions
- An 18% gratuity and 5% GST will be added to all food and beverage prices.
- Banff Park Lodge will be the sole supplier of food, with the exception of wedding cakes, which may be supplied by a professional baker.
- With proper licensing, guests may provide their own commercially made alcoholic beverages; however, a corkage fee will be applied. Homemade alcohol of any kind is prohibited by law.
- Menus and prices are subject to change and are not guaranteed until 90 days in advance.
- Special dietary substitutions are available upon prior request. Exact number of special meals must be advised at time of final guarantee. All substitutions requested during the service of your function, not previously arranged, will be handled to the best of the hotel's ability, subject to availability and will be subject to additional charges based on the price per meal added.
Other wedding policies
- Access to the function space more than one hour prior to scheduled booking cannot be guaranteed until one week before your scheduled event.
- If the wedding ceremony is scheduled prior to 4 pm, we suggest booking the accommodation the day before. We are unable to guarantee check in until 4 pm.
- Banff Park Lodge is not responsible for damages to or loss of any article left in the hotel, prior to, during, or after any function by the customer or guests.
- Should damages occur in a function room, table linen, etc. or to a guest room due to negligence of members in the wedding group, an assessment for damages will be added to the final bill, payable upon check out.
In the event that the function is being cancelled, the following cancellation policies apply:
- First deposit: the first deposit is non-refundable.
- Initial pre-payment: This pre-payment is refundable up to 60 days prior to the main function, after which it becomes fully non-refundable.
- Final pre-payment: The final pre-payment, which is due 2 weeks prior to the function, is non-refundable.