Deposits and Payments
All weddings are to be fully prepaid as per following schedule:
- 1st deposit: the initial non-refundable deposit of $ 500.00 is due at the signing of the contract.
- 2nd pre-payment: 50% of the estimated total function cost (for the room rental + food & beverage options selected + any room accommodation required) is required 90 days in advance to the function.
- Final pre-payment: A full prepayment will be required 2 weeks prior to the function. The amount is based on all the food and beverage requirements, room rental, audio visuals, bar charges and any room accommodation to be charged to the Master Account.
- Payment of last minute additions: A 10% incidental charge will be added onto this cost estimate in case of last minute additions. If not used, this charge will be credited to the Master Account. Please note that a cost estimate is not the final billing it is an estimate of the event.
- Final invoice: The final invoice will be sent to you within 14 days after the event. This is for you to review and keep for your records. Please contact your CSM if you have any questions. Any overpayments will be refunded at this time.
In the event that the function is being cancelled, the following cancellation policies apply:
- 1st deposit: the initial deposit is non-refundable.
- 2nd pre-payment: This pre-payment is refundable up to 60 days prior to the main function, after which it becomes fully non-refundable.
- Final pre-payment: The final pre-payment, which is due 2 weeks prior to the function, is non-refundable.
Food & Beverage
- A 15% gratuity and 5% GST will be added to all food and beverage prices.
- The Banff Park Lodge will be the sole supplier of food, with the exception of wedding cakes, which may be supplied by our guests.
- With proper licensing, guests may provide their own commercial made alcoholic beverages; however, a corkage fee will be applied.
Other wedding policies
We look forward to welcoming you to the Banff Park Lodge, and assisting you with your special event.
- We cannot guarantee access to the function space more than one hour prior to scheduled booking.
- If the wedding ceremony is scheduled prior to 4 p.m., we suggest booking the accommodation the day prior. We are unable to guarantee check in until 4 p.m.
- The Banff Park Lodge is not responsible for damages to or loss of any article left in the hotel, prior to, during, or after any function by the customer or guests.
- Should damages occur in a function room, table linen, etc or to a guest room due to negligence of members in the wedding group, an assessment for damages will be added to the final bill, payable upon check out.